Saturday, August 6, 2011

My First Post

Welcome to my new blog!  Consider it my personal urban farmers almanac.  I will mainly publish notes about my garden.  I am not sure how helpful the blog will be for myself or others.  But I am proud of what we grow and how we grow it.

I am also writing about my journey in (or to) Urban Homesteading.  The other day, I was talking with a friend about all the stuff I have growing in my garden.  And I guess if you add that I do some canning and home beer brewing and home wine making, that I'm on a path to urban homesteading.  Google it if you want.  In short, urban homesteading is the act of transforming a city or suburban home into a property that produces some or all of its residents own food and other subsistence needs.

I am not necessarily on a path to self-sufficiency.  Though, each year, I appear to be taking a step in that direction.  So enjoy the blog and let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool!! Looking forward to reading your blog, James. ~Julie

    ReplyDelete